Optisoft Enterprise Release Notes
From Optisoft Wiki
Below is a list of Optisoft Enterprise versions and all the major changes and bug fixes contained within each release. For further information please call the support desk on 0345 230 3450.
- Fix to include Over The Counter Sales on the Cashing Up, Weekly Summary and Yearly Summary reports.
- Fix to prevent an error occurring when updating a Contact Lens Dispensing Scheme.
- Fix to prevent an error occurring when setting the Contact Lens Dispensing letter template.
- Fix in Spectacle Dispensing to ensure the correct values are submitted when electronically ordering a SV Intermediate pair of spectacles.
- Fix in Spectacle Dispensing to ensure the correct values are printed when creating a SV Intermediate pair of spectacles.
- Correction to English and Welsh GOS 6 Forms.
- Update to the installer to ensure all Welsh GOS forms are installed by default.
- New facility added to allow the Electronic Submission of Scottish GOS 1 Forms.
- Update to the design layout for Scottish GOS 2 Form.
- Update to all Appointment and Stock Reports, to a more modern architecture.
- Installer improvements.
- Fix for the Appointment Booked Report.
- Patient Prescription now loads a new form, to avoid the user overwriting historical Rx's.
- Introduction of Universal Credit Analysis Code for Scottish GOS Forms.
- New GOS 3 + 4 Scottish GOS Forms.
- Performers Name and List Number to be automatically populated on all GOS Forms.
- Add the ability to prevent the Patient's Rx from automatically populating the GOS forms, if required.
- Add the ability to have the Contractor Name automatically populate the GOS forms instead of Branch Name, if required.
- Fix for the Batch Printing of GOS forms when choosing the 'Front then Backs' option.
- Fix for OptiPost where documents were being overwritten if Recall Runs were being performed too quickly.
- Change for Cash Report Security to prevent the user having to keep constantly logging in, after closing a report.
- Fix for the VAT Category Report, where All Zeros where not being shown.
- Numerous changes to reintroduce the Intermediate Rx into all necessary areas of the software.
- Numerous changes to increase the range of available EDI catalogues.
- Numerous changes to improve the stability and functionality of EDI Lens Ordering throughout the dispensing process.
- Fix in Spectacle Dispensing to calculate the Blank Sizes of Bifocal Lenses correctly.
- Fix in Spectacle Dispensing where an error was occurring when trying to dispense Lenses with Macros into Separate Eyes.
- Update to the available Standard Shapes in Spectacle Dispensing.
- Fix to prevent blank emails from being sent.
- Fix to ensure the email disclaimer loaded correctly.
- Fix an issue where the Email Header was not being centered correctly on mobile devices.
- Fixed for receipt printing, where is printing 2 copies, the same printer is used.
- Fix for an error caused by deselecting options in the EGOS Submissions Filters
- Fix for batch printing GOS Forms to an Epson BX630FW printer.
- Tab order correctly in Voucher Maintenance.
- Fix to enable the Print Icon after selecting a Patient Record via the Duplicate Check feature.
- Fix to save the GP against the Patient Record, when in Surgery mode.
- Bug fixed where the wrong patient details would be printed onto a Standard Form/Letter.
- Addition of a setting that allows enclosures only to be sent with a Recall Email.
- Change to allow multiple selection when Suppressing Recall Letters on the History Tab.
- Fix in SMS settings where one control was incorrectly changing another controls value.
- Fix to an error in Report Generator when searching using GP information.
- Fix to the Optical Dispensing History report to ensure using historical data.
- Change in Appointment 7 Day view, to clarify the functionality of the 'All Opticians' option. Changed to 'All Appointments' to signify an overview of all appointments in the date range, rather than optician availability.
- Fix for multiple dispenses for the same patient not appearing in Find Dispense in Cash module.
- Bug fix to apply Frame Supplementary Charges when selected in the Cash Module.
- Change to allow Lens Extras pass into the Cash Module.
- Fix for the wrong price being display on lenses, when dispensing for separate eyes.
- Fix so Near Prisms are used when using near distance in Spectacle Dispensing.
- Fix for the Order Status 'Received', in CL Dispensing.
- Slight alteration for the new addition of Separately Disclosed Charges (SDC) in the Cash Module.
- Addition of Separately Disclosed Charges (SDC) into the Cash Module.
- Fix to an error caused by missing Prism Values in GOS Forms.
- Size alteration not some of the Welsh GOS Forms.
- An Order Tracking Icon added into the toolbar in the Patients Module for easier access.
- Fix to address the loading of Appointment Templates in the 7 Day View.
- Change to allow Appointments to remember the last Optician selected when leaving the module.
- Addition of a Recall Telephone List into the Recall Module.
- Bug fix to address the correct calculation of VAT when performing a refund.
- Change to increase the length of a Lens Macro Name.
- Fix to the GP field in the Patient Module, causing a Save popup to appear.
- Addition of 3 new reports into the Cash Module. Cashing Up, Weekly Summary and Yearly Summary Reports.
- Fix to the Scroll Bar on the Documents Tab in the Patient Module.
- Added the ability to export the Dispensing Optical History Report.
- Bug fix to allow you to change the selected GP to one with the same name, but a different practice.
- Fix for passing only one prism through into the GOS Forms.
- Fix to stop a recall showing as being suppressed by appointment, when that appointment time has already passed.
- Fix to stop a blank page from being sent through into OptiPost, when a Recall Enclosure is present.
- Added the ability to edit a Single Instance or a Sequence of Note/Recurrences in Appointments Module.
- Addition of Practice Name and Town to the Patient Transaction and VAT Category reports.
- Change to allow only one coat be selected in Spectacle Dispensing.
- Addition of Supplier Code on the Stock Take and the Stock Value report.
- Bug fix for selecting a Blank Tray when printing GOS Forms.
- Alteration to the English GOS3 form, to allow a 6 digit number to be added in the Rx Fields.
- Numerous changes to the Scottish GOS Forms.
- A link to Remote Support, under the Help Menu, has been added.
- Issue resolved with recall.dat file asking to be saved as recall.doc.
- Patient Mobile Number added to the Recall Patients Details Tab.
- A solution to try and address the calling of Patients and easily then booking them an Appointment, before the printing of their Recall Letters, has been added to the software.
- Added to ability to still Print Preview the Dispensing Template, after the dispense has changed into an order.
- Issue with the Lens Extras tripling in price has been resolved in the Spectacle Dispensing Module.
- Fix to resolve the wrong Prescription being used when dispensing Near SV lenses.
- Change to stop the Ordering Template from automatically being printed out when updating a Dispense's status to Sent.
- Removal of the 'Send Order to Supplier' icon in Spectacle Dispensing, as it is no longer required.
- Allow Order Tracking to sort orders via the patients name, not their title.
- Daily Taking Report added to the Cash Module.
- Fix to make the Discounts Report work.
- Numerous coding changes to speed up the whole Recall Run process.
- Change to allow Recall Exporting to still send Recall Emails.
- Fix to allow Recall SMS's to be sent.
- Fix on the Scottish GOS 3 Form for Near Rx Axis Values.
- Fix on the Irish GOS 2 Form for Prism values.
- Addition of a Batch number for eGOS Submissions.
- Update to the Trace File format in Spectacle Dispensing.
- Overhaul of the entire system to work with .docx format instead of .doc to fall inline with Microsoft Word 2013
- Correction of a spelling error in the Email SMS installer.
- Fix applied to the Appointment Module to allow the day to start earlier than 9:00AM.
- Speed Improvements to the Stock Module when loading the list of Stock Items.
- Fix for Plano Sphere values and 7 digit GOC numbers on the Scottish GOS 3 Form.
- Speed Improvements to the Stock Module when loading the list of Stock Items.
- Change made to force the user to select a Frames's Colour & Size to guarantee that stock levels are kept accurate.
- Added ability to electronically submit Welsh GOS 1 & 3 forms.
- Issue with the calendar control on the GOS 1 form whilst running Windows XP, has been resolved.
- Added ability to print to different trays when printing GOS forms.
- Issue with the batch printing of GOS forms retaining incorrect data has been resolved.
- Removal of Email SMS Tracking as this is no longer required.
- Fix for Over The Counter transactions when Cash Transaction Security is active.
- Fix to restore the Voucher tick box in Payment Category maintenance.
- Change the Help link to point at the new Online Help, rather than the old legacy Help Files.
- Fix for the loading of Frame Maintenance, specifically on Windows Server PC's.
- Fix to allow the Duplex printing of GOS Forms.
- Fix for the Welsh GOS 1 and 3 Files
- Alteration made to stop Recall Emails being sent through into OptiPost.
- Fix for ordering Patient records via Date of Birth in the search window.
- Measures taken to ensure Transactions are not missed, with regards to VAT, when using Cash Accounting.
- Fix introduced to correct an issue when discounting items of more than 1 quantity, when using Cash Accounting.
- Fix to allow the Voucher report to view data from the dates selected, not solely from the dates in between.
- Fix to stop Spectacle Dispensing defaulting to the most recent Rx when saving a Dispense.
- Fix for zero valued dispenses causing an error when brought through into the Cash Module.
- Changes to the order of the Maintenance Menus
- Fax number moved from GP Maintenance to Surgery Maintenance.
- Change to Frame maintenance to address a column spacing issue on the Size, Bridge and Length fields.
- Change to Contact Lens Solution maintenance to allow the correct Cash Categories to be shown.
- A new feature to allow the Batch Printing of GOS forms added.
- Issue resolved to stop the Recall module from changing the Default Printer of the PC.
- Fix for an issue where the BVD merge field was printing '0' when left blank.
- Fix for an issue where Note/Recurrences where not being saved in the Appointment module.
- Issue where an Appointment SMS Reminder for a moved appointment was not being generated has been resolved.
- A new feature to add a Built In List into Frame Maintenance that lists the Last 20 Frames entered.
- Fix to stop users incorrectly being able to change the price of items, simply by typing into text fields, added to Spectacle Dispensing.
- A new feature to allow the user to Copy a frame, added into Frame Maintenance.
- Issues regarding Scroll Bar controls on a 64bit PC within the Patient Module has been resolved.
- New Feature introducing OptiPost into Optisoft Enterprise.
- Changes to the English GOS3 Form where dates were being changed uniformly.
- Numerous corrections to the Scottish GOS Forms.
- Change to unlock the Appointment Demographic Tab regardless of appointment status.
- Alteration to the VAT Category and the VAT report to show the correct VAT amounts.
- Fix to the printing of Account Balance on receipts when a patient record is not present.
- Fix to the date being recorded in American format, against reconciled vouchers.
- A Data Integrity check has been added to the software to try and eliminate major corruption issues with the database, which may go unnoticed.
- Fix to the saving of an Email Header in Email/SMS Maintenance.
- Fix to the saving of a GP record into the database where the wrong popup message was bring displayed.
- Change to remove the enforcement of selection an Ophthalmic Optician or Dispensing Optician on a Staff Record.
- Update to Branch Maintenance to help populate GOS Froms.
- Update to Staff Maintenance to help populate GOS Froms.
- Fix in Recall Category Maintenance that prevented the user from exiting the screen.
- Fix for an error occurring when Optisoft Enterprise is starting has been resolved.
- Fix for an error occurring when deleting a transaction whilst running Invoice Accounting in the Cash module.
- Numerous fixes to resolve issues in Markup Schemes Maintenance.
- Fix in Suppliers Maintenance to order the results on Name rather than Short Name.
- Change to Frame Maintenance with the introduction of a Markup Calculator.
- Change in the Patients Module to automatically update the Salutation field if appropriate to do so.
- Change in the Patients Module to automatically save any printed GOS forms to the Documents tab.
- Fix to prevent an error occuring when deleting an SMS message from the Patient Documents tab.
- Change to the amount of data loaded when finding a Patient record, to try and improve the responsiveness of the software.
- Numerous bug fixes to the GOS Forms application.
- Numerous cosmetic changes to the Report Generator to improve its ease of use.
- Fix in the Cash Module when selecting a Frames Colour and Size. The scroll bar in this screen was not working.
- Correction to the calculations made on the VAT Category and VAT reports in the Cash Module.
- Fix in the Stock Module when selecting a Frames Colour and Size. The scroll bar in this screen was not working.
- Alteration to Default Coats. Their price will no longer be set to zero when applied to a lens.
- Numerous bug fixes to the EDI process in the Spectacle Dispensing Module.
- Improvements to the log files have been made, to assist the Support Desk where necessary.
- Fix for Scroll Bars in Frame Maintenance.
- Spelling correction in Prism Maintenance.
- Fix for a error caused by opening a scanned document on a workstation PC.
- Addition for electronically processing English GOS3 forms.
- Numerous changed to the GOS Forms application.
- Fix when exporting Recall Information where comma's may be present in the Patients Address.
- Fix to allow Recall exporting from a workstation PC.
- Email Disclaimer will now only be added onto every new email.
- Fix to allow the user to create Documents on 64bit PCs.
- Fix to allow Items and Payments to be deleted from a Transaction in Cash Module.
- Change to show Zero Payment Categories on the Patient Transaction Report.
- Change to allow the VAT Category report to be run via Session ID.
- Numerous bug fixes to prevent Lenses not showing in Spectacle Dispensing.
- Numerous enhancements to the EDI ordering process in Spectacle Dispensing.
- Change to correctly calculate the Last Visit date of a Patient Record, based on the available modules.
- Change to correctly calculate the Next Visit date of a Patient Record, based on the first Recall Band date.
- Alteration to the Delete popup, when deleting a Patient Record, to make it more prominent.
- A list of Patient Record currently on a specific Recall Category, has been added to aid in the deletion of Recall Categories.
- A fix for closing down Microsoft Word, when performing a mail merge through the Report Generator has been added.
- Numerous fixes addressing the speed of the Report Generator.
- A fix to the Find Next Appointment procedure in the Appointments Module to exclude Note/Recurrences in its search.
- Major overhaul of the Change Procedure in the Cash Module.
- Major overhaul of the Refund Procedure in the Cash Module.
- Major overhaul of the Voucher Reconciliation Procedure in the Cash Module.
- Numerous changes to improve the general processing of Dispenses in the Spectacle Dispensing Module.
- Numerous changes to enhance the EDI ordering Process.
- Change to the maximum length of a Lens Name in Lenses Maintenance.
- Introduction of National Insurance and NHS Number Validation on the Patient Record.
- Scanning enhancements for Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Issue involving the Sort Order on the History Tab in the Recall Module has been resolved.
- Issue involving the Sort Order in Find Dispense in the Cash Module has been resolved.
- Fix for the date displayed on the main screen in the Cash Module.
- Fix for an error caused when processing multiple dispenses for the same Patient Record in Spectacle Dispensing.
- Check to correct historical VAT issues implemented.
- Fix for an error caused when closing the software.
- Utility that checks the integrity of the database, in an attempt to prevent major issues occurring, has been implemented.
- General error with the GOS Form application has been resolved.
- Fix to prevent the Recall module from crashing, when processing Recall Letters for Patients that have a deleted Optometrists record attached to them.
- Changes made to allow Workstation PCs to copy Patient Documents to a local location to try and prevent issues with locked documents.
- Fix to stop deleted Payment Categories from showing in Voucher Maintenance.
- Fix to address an issue when scanning a product into the Cash Module and it's retail price not being displayed.
- Fix to address an issue with the Payment menu reappearing after clicking on the Cancel button.
- Change to make all prices in the Cash Module display as 2 decimal places.
- Numerous bug fixes to the Cash Module to improve stability.
- New feature to allow users to apply a Discount to an already completed transaction in the Cash Module.
- Change to allow multiple refunds on a single transaction in the Cash Module.
- 64 bit integration for all Optisoft Software
- Change to the installer to stop it from installing the server version of the software, on a workstation PC.
- Change to get Patient Documents to open in front of the main software instead of behind it.
- Numerous GOS Forms enhancements
- Addition of a multi-selection feature when selecting Patient Recalls on the History Tab in the Recall Module.
- Fix to resolve an error on the Patients Tab in the Recall Module, causing the software to crash.
- Fix to stop automatic SMS Recalls from being send out when the Patient has responded to their original Recall.
- Addition of a Default Image program for opening images from the Patient Documents Tab.
- Change to get Templates to open in front of the main software instead of behind it when editing in the Form Designer.
- Fix to stop an error from occurring when clicking Delete in the Form Designer.
- Fix to stop an error occurring in the Report Generator when performing a mail merge.
- Fix to stop the Payment Menu from appearing twice when trying to pay off an outstanding balance.
- Fix to make the correct Refund amount pass through into the Refund Screen.
- Addition of a multi-selection feature when selecting Dispenses in the Cash Module.
- Fix to allow the Patient Transaction Report to run via Session ID.
- Fix to clear the Session ID once the Patient Transaction Report has been closed.
- Addition of a new Detailed Payment breakdown on the Patient Transaction Report.
- Fix to an error caused when processing an Order without a Supplier.
- Fix to Custom Statuses to make them more consistent throughout the software.
- Fix to stop Vertical Prism Base's from being excluded on the Spectacle Dispensing print outs.
- Fix to stop the software from allowing Lens Macros having a blank name.
- Addition of a Copy function into Markup Schemes.
- Spelling correction on Incoming Call Popup in the Patient Module.
- Addition of Lens Retail Prices coming through into the Cash Module.
- Change to allow the software to handle identical dispenses in the Cash Module.
- Fix to address a known procedure that can Bypass the Security layer in the Cash Module.
- Fix to stop the Category Sales Report from showing Hidden Transactions.
- Numerous changed to the Spectacle Dispensing Module to try and streamline the whole process.
- Fix to try and speed up the loading times within the Stock Module.
- Addition of a separate application to deal solely with GOS Forms.
- Alteration to the KPI report to pick up the local currency symbol.
- Fix for the Send to Optomnotes button in the Patient Module being Enabled at the wrong time.
- Fix to resolve numerous errors with the Patient Photo feature.
- Fix to Note/Recurrences forgetting their End Time in the Appointment Module.
- Fix to resolve numerous issues with the Appointments Source Report.
- Numerous enhancements to the Spectacle Dispensing module, designed to streamline the whole process.
- Change to prevent the editing of EDI Lens Macros and Questions.
- Change to stop Microsoft Word from losing focus when printing Patient Standard Letters.
- Move and renaming of the Insert Tab in Recall Enclosure Maintenance.
- Addition of a toggle setting in Supplier Maintenance to turn On/Off/Partial EDI Ordering.
- Addition of a Password Field into Supplier Maintenance.
- Fix to prevent the user changing the Name of a Staff Member causing a mismatch of data from other areas of the software.
- Fix to prevent duplicate Lens Macro Names.
- Addition of Lens Values into the Cash Module.
- Fix to prevent deleted Staff Members from appearing on the Recall Letters.
- Fix to the BCC facility in Email.
- Fix to Email/SMS Tracking.
- Fix to the Recall Module following the release of numerous Microsoft Windows Updates.
- Change to allow the Vision, VA and NVA values to be customised per database.
- Fix to stop the Save and Delete icons from being available at the wrong time in Patients Lifestyle Code Maintenance.
- Fix to prevent the software automatically selecting the first available code, when entering Patient Lifestyle Code Maintenance.
- Addition of BVD as a merge code in Form Designer.
- Ability to run the Outstanding Vouchers Report in groups of vouchers, rather than just via date.
- Change to simplify the Operators used in the Report Generator.
- Alteration to the Appointments reports to exclude Staff Members not listed for available appointments.
- Restriction for the Vouchers Maintenance menu for Cash systems only.
- Addition of Appointment Day merge code for use with Appointment Cards.
- Fix to enable the scanning of Miscellaneous Items into the Stock Module.
- Correction to the Collected Date format in Order Tracking.
- Addition of a setting that allows the user to determine whether the Email Header is included on Adhoc, Recall and Appointment Emails.
- Alteration to the Sell and Pay interfaces in the Cash Module.
- Fix for an error caused when Finding a Dispense in the Cash Module.
- Change to remove the hard coding of the VAT rate in the Cash Module.
- Numerous changes to Lens Catalogues to help stabilise their use within the software.
- Fix to make the GP and Surgery Build In List search in the Patient module.
- Enforce the selection of Colour and Size when selling a Frame through the Cash module.
- Fix to and error causes by clicking the Padlock buttons in Frame Maintenance.
- Fix to ensure Patients Date Of Birth is formatted correctly.
- Removal of the Search Facility in Product Category Groups Maintenance, as it is not longer required.
- Fix in Contact Lens Solution Maintenance to allow for 13 digit bar codes.
- Change to prevent the changing of Recall Category Names, if such category is already assigned to a Patient Record.
- Change to prevent the user from changing a Recall Category Band Value whilst the category is already assigned to a Patient Record.
- Numerous changes to the search facility in the Cash Module.
- Addition of EDI Lens Catalogues into Spectacle Dispensing.
- Fix to prevent DPD values from not printing on the Ordering Templates.
- Fix to the Default STD Code in Patient Settings, that prevents the user from adding too many digits.
- Numerous fixes to the GP Maintenance procedure.
- Fix to the Comments Field in Patient Rx screen, that prevents the user from adding too many characters.
- Fix to the VA Fields in Patient Rx screen, that prevents the user from adding too many characters.
- Fix to the Recall Category Months field in Recall Category Maintenance, that prevents the user from adding too many digits.
- Fix to prevent the data loss of the Surgery field when saving a Patient Record.
- Fix to the Email Field in Patient Module, that prevents the user from adding too many characters.
- Fix to the Discount procedure in the Cash Module to allow for Null values.
- Change to correct errors on the VAT Category Report.
- Numerous bug fixes in the CL Dispensing Module with regards to blank entries in text fields.
- Active Patient Default Clear Period set to 1 day on all new databases.